Nigel Farage has said he is “sickened to death” by the Prime Minister’s “dishonesty” over progress made on migration figures.
That's what he thought Rishi Sunak is “terrified” by last year's immigration figures, which will be published on Thursday.
This will be the first estimate of net migration to the UK in the year to December 2023 from the Office for National Statistics.
Mr Farage said: “I think he is terrified of the year's immigration figures that will come out this Thursday.
“Whether they are as high as last year's 700,000, we don't know, but I'll tell you what won't be the tens of thousands promised in successive Conservative manifestos.
“I'm tired of this. I'm sick, not just because of the numbers. It's not just that I'm sick of the change it's bringing to our country. In fact, what really sickens me is the sheer dishonesty of the way Sunak is trying to spin numbers.
“I've really had enough of it. The numbers have not gone down, Prime Minister.”
The former UKIP leader and current GB News presenter also said that the number of crossings across the English Channel has increased by 20% this year.
Mr Farage took aim at the Prime Minister, saying his comments were 'all distorted', while Mr Sunak claimed the Government was 'making progress' on migration.
Speak with viewers, Mr Farage added: “When Sunak tells you what the government policy is, do you believe him? I don't and I'm really sick of it. We are waiting to see what the official figures on legal immigration are next Thursday.”
Mr Sunak said he and his Austrian counterpart are “deepening” cooperation on illegal migration and agreed plans such as the UK's Rwanda plan are needed to tackle the problem in Europe.
The Prime Minister met with Chancellor Karl Nehammer in Vienna on Tuesday and said in a joint media appearance that sending migrants to designated safe third countries, such as the Rwanda plan, should play a role in tackling the European issue .