Arctic Monkeys have announced a UK stadium tour for 2023, with the venue and date details dropping on social media on Friday.
The rockers of Sheffield, who… released their first new single in four years in August with There’d Better Be A Mirrorball, upcoming album The Car on tour and fans will be able to see them live soon.
It comes after the band performed at Reading Music Festival as headliners earlier this year but banned the BBC from presenting their live performance – so many will understandably be excited to get their fix this time around.
The band, fronted by Alex Turner, plays 13 dates in the UK and Ireland, supported by The Hives and The Mysterines, featuring tickets on sale later this month.
The Car will be released on October 21, their seventh studio album following the success of Tranquility Base (2018) and AM (2013).
What are the dates for Arctic Monkeys’ 2023 tour?
The group, consisting of Alex Turner, Matt Helders, Jamie Cook and Nick O’Malley, will hit the road next summer from the end of May.
The performances include two dates at London’s Emirates Stadium, shows in Bristol, Glasgow and Manchester and of course two homecoming dates at Sheffield’s Hillsborough Park.
The full dates are:
- Monday 29 May: Bristol – Ashton Gate Stadium
- Wednesday 31 May: Coventry – Building Society Arena
- Friday, June 2: Manchester – Emirates Old Trafford
- Monday, June 5: Middlesbrough – Riverside Stadium
- Wednesday 7th June: Norwich – Carrow Road Stadium
- Friday 9th June: Sheffield – Hillsborough Park
- Saturday June 10: Sheffield – Hillsborough Park
- Monday June 12: Swansea – Swansea Stadium
- Wednesday 14th June: Southampton – Ageas Bowl
- Friday, June 16: London – Emirates Stadium
- Saturday June 17 – London Emirates Stadium
- Tuesday 20 June – Marlay Park in Dublin
- Sunday June 25 – Glasgow Bellahouston Park
When will tickets go on sale for Arctic Monkey’s 2023 UK tour?
Tickets for Arctic Monkeys’ dates go on sale on Friday, September 30, starting at 9am.
A tweet from the band also revealed that the fans’ presale will begin at 9:00 a.m. the day before, Thursday, September 29.
Those who pre-order The Car from Arctic Monkey’s official sit before 3 p.m. Wednesday, September 28, will get access to the pre-sale.
Do you have a story?
If you have any celebrity story, video or photos, please contact the metro.co.uk animation team by emailing [email protected], calling 020 3615 2145 or visiting our Submit things page – we’d love to hear from you.