Marko Arnautovic breaks silence after Man Utd withdraw transfer rate and says he is ‘completely focused on Bologna’

MARKO ARNAUTOVIC has broken his silence on his transfer links with Manchester United.

Man United were linked with a move for the 33-year-old earlier this month, but then pulled out of a deal blowback of the fan.

1

Marko Arnautovic in action for Bologna FCCredit: Getty

Bologna striker was wanted by Erik ten Hagdue to the time they had spent together at FC Twente, as a short-term option to solve a problem in the forward department.

Asked about the links at a press conference on Saturday, Arnautovic said: “The market is the market.

“I have been in the football world for many years and I know that during the transfer window there may be clubs interested.

“But now I’m focused on Bologna.”

Deposit at least £10 and get 120 FREE SPINS on Starburst with PartyCasino
Red Devils EYE Morata during a meeting with Rabiot, Perez SNUBS Ronaldo

The former West Ham striker scored 15 goals in 34 appearances for Bologna last season.

Consequently, the Serie A outfit were reluctant to let him go, and United quoted a significantly higher price than the £6.8million they offered for him.

United caused further dismay from fans with their reported interest in Adrien Rabiot shortly after their horrific 2-1 defeat to Brighton.

The football director of the Red Devils John Murtough flew to Italy to cross the line on a deal for the French midfielder.

FREE BETS AND SIGN UP DEALS – BEST NEW CUSTOMER OFFERS

United have also been boosted in their respective pursuit of striker Sasa Kalajdzic and Frenkie De Jong.

De Jong has been linked with United all summer and United have agreed a deal with Barcelona to sign him, and now the Dutchman would be “angry” at Barca about their treatment of his possible departure.

United face a tough test against Brentford in today’s late kick-off but need to get some points on the board to get the season off to a good start.

admin

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.